11,99 € Kostenlose Lieferung
- Erschienen am
- Film & TV Kategorie
- Media Format
- Blu-ray region
- B (UK, Europa, Ozeanien, Mittlerer Osten, Afrika)
Based on real events, the dramatic thriller "Argo" chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis, focusing on the little-known role that the CIA and Hollywood played-information that was not declassified until many years after the event. On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of Canadian Ambassador Ken Taylor. Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, the Canadian and American governments ask the CIA to intervene. The CIA turns to their top "exfiltration" specialist, Tony Mendez, to come up with a plan to get the six Americans safely out of the country. A plan so incredible, it could only happen in the movies.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Laufzeit (Minuten)
- Blu-ray 30days Sales Rank
- Audio Format
- 5.1 DTS-HD
- WOW HD Sales Rank
- Untertitel Sprachen
- Castilian Spanish,
- English for the Hearing Impaired,
- German for the Hearing Impaired
- Argo: Absolute Authenticity - From characters to heart-stopping action, Ben Affleck’s eye and ear for hard-hitting realism and attention to exacting detail has become his signature as an A-list filmmaker.
- Feature Length Picture in Picture: Eye Witness Account (theatrical version) - Relive the takeover of the US Embassy in November of 1979 and the daring rescue mission in January of 1980 through the eyes of those that lived it.
- ARGO: The CIA & Hollywood Connection - Director Ben Affleck and former CIA agent Tony Mendez give a firsthand view of the actual documents and cover story used to create the phony movie Argo that had all of Hollywood believing in.
- Rescued from Tehran: We Were There - President Jimmy Carter, Tony Mendez and the actual house guests recount the real-life harrowing experience they endured.
- Escape from Iran: The Hollywood Option - Escape From Iran commemorates the 25th anniversary of the "Canadian Caper," taking us back to this startling affair through the direct testimony of the Americans who found sanctuary at the Canadian embassy in Tehran, and the Canadians who risked their own safety to shelter their closest neighbours.